How to Transfer EPF Account PF Balance Amount from Old Employer to New Employer
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), which maintains the provident fund of crores of salaried individuals of India, is making a push to offer digital services and offer the convenience of availing the services of EPFO to its subscribers at home, on their electronic devices. As part of this digital push, the EPFO has announced that its subscribers can now avail the functionality of transferring Pension Fund balance amount from old employer to the account under new employer via a simple online process. As part of the Digital India program, the EPFO announced that almost all of the services offered to subscribers can be availed online by just logging in to the EPFO subscriber portal – EPFO Unified Member Portal.
The official twitter handle of EPFO tweeted the process of balance amount transfer from old to new employer in 6 easy steps, the simple & easy process is listed below:
How to Transfer EPF Balance to New Employer Account Online Using EPFO Member Portal
- Login to the EPFO unified member portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ using UAN and account password.
- Go to the ‘Online Services’ section and click on ‘One Member One Account (Transfer Request)’
- Verify the personal information details of your PF account being used for current employment.
- Select ‘Get Details’ and the PF account details of previous employment(s) will be displayed.
- Select the ‘Previous Employer’ or ‘Current Employer’ options and attest the forms
- Click on ‘Get OTP’ to receive OTP on your registered mobile number linked with your UAN, enter the OTP received and click on ‘Submit’.
After submissions, the recruiter you have chosen will attest the details provided and the EPFO will automatically transfer the EPF account online after which your new employer can contribute your EPF amount to your existing account.